The Resource “Cart”
How to load your BoxCarts
BoxCart's professional moving labor is available to load you into storage (call for a quote at (703) 263-3300). However, should you choose to load your storage units on your own, below are some tips to keep in mind as you load your BoxCart containers in order to protect your belongings while also making the most of the space in each container.
- Be sure to use the storage inventory list provided by BoxCart to record which items go in each container and its general location within the container. This will allow you to find an item easily, should you need to access your goods while in storage. All boxes should be labeled on several sides for easy locating.
- Always load the heaviest items first. Place dressers, large china cabinets, sofas, refrigerators, and other heavy appliances on the floor of the BoxCart container. Use protective covers on sofas and mattresses. Then load chairs, tables, bookcases, and light items and boxes around the larger, heavy items. BoxCart offers furniture pads for rent and other protective items such as mattress bags/boxes for sale, and they're delivered right to your front door. Click here for a list of our rental and purchase items.
- Keep refrigerator and freezer doors slightly ajar and clean before storing. Don't forget to use the space inside these appliances for extra storage.
- Load each BoxCart container a quarter at a time, packing it tightly from floor to ceiling. Secure each quarter with rope or twine to prevent shifting during transit.
- Store couches on end to maximize space.
- Pack mirrors and pictures in mirror boxes and store upright to avoid being crushed or broken.
- Stack lighter boxes on top of bigger, heavier ones.
- Disassemble tables and shelves and store on their sides, using furniture pads to protect from damage during transit. Keep all hardware in a plastic bag and securely tape the bag to the furniture, so you have it all together when you are ready to re-assemble.
- If you are renting and storing more than one BoxCart container, store items you'll need most often in one particular container, again keeping a detailed inventory of each container, so you can find specific goods easily.
- Lock each BoxCart container with your own padlock and keep the key in a safe location, where you will easily be able to find it upon re-delivery.
... or call us toll-free at (866) 330-CART (2278); or e-mail us at info@BoxCart.com.