Professional Movers&with the next generation of Mobile Storage Solutions
Call us toll-free: 1-866-330-CART(2278)
The Resource “Cart”
Preparing Your Children
The following tips often help children adjust before, during, and after a family relocates.
- Include children in making plans for the move. For example, take them house-hunting with you.
- Help your children learn about the new area.
- Through play-acting with dolls, boxes and a wagon, children can get a feeling of "moving".
- Let the children help decide how their new rooms are to be arranged and decorated.
- Encourage children to exchange addresses and phone numbers with their friends.
- Prepare a package for each child containing snacks, some clothing, and a few favorite toys for the move.
- Take a "family break" as soon as the major unpacking is done. Don't try to do everything immediately upon arrival at your new home.
- Parents should spend time after the move listening to each child about new schools and new friends.
- Follow progress in new schools. Accompanying your children to school the first few days may ease tension.
- If your move involves suburban to rural, or vice versa, caution children about new situations they may face.
... or call us toll-free at (866) 330-CART (2278); or e-mail us at info@BoxCart.com.
45120 Global Plaza, Suite 100 Sterling, VA 20166
A quality-focused moving and storage company specializing in local and long distance moving services and
portable storage units serving Va., Northern Virginia, Washington DC, Maryland, and the Mid Atlantic region.
Custom Web Design & Marketing by ImageWorks